Case Study #1: National Safety Training Company
Business process management system
CSTS provide training and consultancy helping clients ensure their staff are safe and compliant when working in hazardous legally defined ‘confined spaces’. It is a rapidly growing business and growth was being impeded by an old database system.
The database solution provided a system that is used in a number of offices around the UK, as well as at client premises during training events. The system provides course planning, management, delegate certification and photo ID.
Access to the data is via desktop client software, iPad (live access to remote system), and Browser access to the database via Google Chrome, Windows IE >v9, Safari, Firefox etc.
- Business continuity ensured
- Robust data storage
- Improved database speed and reliability
- New Reporting capability
- Decreased admin time required
- Course Planning and Creation (Date, Location, subject and Trainer Planning)
- Client company and Branch order confirmation
- Invoicing Appropriate Branch or HQ
- Training Delegate Registration, Recording, Certification and Reminders
- Certificate and photo ID Card with multiple qualifications listed.
- Pro-Active reminders of refresher requirements.
- Specify and build operational and MIS
- Improve Reporting
- Enhance Customer Service
- Client data access and transparency
- Analyse business processes and reverse engineer a new database solution from the existing system but at the same time enable new business processes, integrate email into workflow and improve the speed and accurace of the admin team.
- Replace Access Database with an online database solution accessible from anywhere in the world.
- Enable web based access without the need for client software.
- Harness iPad and iPhone data capture of images and results data.
TECHNOLOGIES & CAPABILITY
- Filemaker Pro Server v12 (Remotely Hosted)
- Filemaker 12 for Networked Legacy Windows XP Computers
- Filemaker Pro 14
- Filemaker Pro Advanced
- Filemaker Go (for iPads)
- Instant Web Publishing (Browser Access)